Friday, September 17, 2010

florida spiritualaires- I Remember When




I just got this 45 yesterday and I am really excited. It is a classic in the genre and will be the centerpiece on my next mix entitled, "Sweet Jesus: A New Meaning to the Term Soul Music." There is a lot of information about this one on the interwebs so I'll let you dig a little bit on there. I don't claim to be an expert on these records just a fan. This song definitely has a "Just My Imagination" feel and the bassline seems very similar. I know the owner of the label had a well-known record store called Ernie's Record Mart and he also had a popular radio show. This all took place in Nashville, TN (I believe.)

This song was also written up on the far superior gospel blog "Just Moving On" http://blog.justmovingon.info/2008/09/21/florida-spiritualaires--i-remember-when.aspx
You should look through the site as it contains some amazing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment